ENSEMBLES Data Policy
1. Terms and conditions of use
- ENSEMBLES data held in the main ENSEMBLES data centres are made available over the
internet without charge for use in research, education and commercial work.
- Users of ENSEMBLES data must publish their results based on using these data in open literature
without any delay linked to other, e.g. commercial, objectives.
- Users must submit a copy of their results based on these data to the data centre from which the
data were obtained and to the partners who produced the data.
- No redistribution of ENSEMBLES data for commercial re-use or reselling, however processed or
derived, by any party who receives data from any ENSEMBLES participant is allowed.
- Data must not be supplied as a whole or in part to any third party without the prior authorisation of
the data manager of the data centre from which the data was obtained.
- Users should help improve the quality of the data and its delivery by giving feedback where
- All data use, however small, derived or embedded, must be acknowledged, as in Section 2 below.
- Articles, papers, or written scientific works of any form, based in whole or in part on ENSEMBLES
data, will include the following acknowledgement: ¿The ENSEMBLES data used in this work was
funded by the EU FP6 Integrated Project ENSEMBLES (Contract number 505539) whose support
is gratefully acknowledged.
- Subsequent references can refer to the data in terms such as "ENSEMBLES data", "the
ENSEMBLES dataset" or by the data's generic name which is from the "ENSEMBLES data
3. Registration and institutional directives
- Some types of data require registration before downloading. Registration means you can be kept
informed of future updates. Registration details and process will be specified before the point of
data access in an appropriate way.
- This data policy does not replace the data policy of the institute serving the data which always
takes precedence, but should be viewed in conjunction with it. ENSEMBLES data and its
availability are in accordance with Directive 2003/98/EC* of the European Parliament and of the
Council on the re-use of public sector information (the PSI Directive).
4. Data limitations
- Although every care has been taken in preparing and testing the data, ENSEMBLES cannot
guarantee that the data are correct in all circumstances; neither does ENSEMBLES accept any
liability whatsoever for any error or omission in the data, its availability, or for any loss or damage
arising from its use.
* Full text available at: http://europa.eu.int/eur-lex/pri/en/oj/dat/2003/l_345/l_34520031231en00900096.pdf
NOTE that your browser needs to accept cookies to obtain access!